Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Project of all Projects


Since May I have been busy with some stuff at work and with our coordination business. I always talk about trips, relaxing and the business. Rarely did I write about work. Me and some office mates initiated a project, a Six Sigma Project. I am not about to share what the project is since I am bound by confidentiality booboo.

As Wikipedia defined it,

Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization ("Black Belts", "Green Belts", etc.) who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets (cost reduction and/or profit increase).

I first encountered six sigma when I had my class about it at UP Solair. It was a boring boring subject. The class ended with a high note though when me and my classmates have to initiate a project and it was fun. Yeah I know it's weird, such geeky-ness... I love learning and the challenge of creating a paper from something I don't know is somewhat exciting to me. Had a good grade on that subject and learned a lot. From that learning, I am now applying at work. I just really hope I finish the project on time! Good thing, August is a dead month for weddings! I can focus my time and energy on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment