Saturday, February 19, 2011

Early Birthday Celebration

I enjoy entertaining friends at home. I love cooking food meant to be shared. These would be the reasons why I decided to spend a day with my w@w sisters at our home and cook for them. It is somewhat an early birthday celebration slash belated birthday for K slash despidida for E, who was scheduled to go back to the US. Me and K decided to have some food delivered but I wanted to add something else since some of my relatives will be coming over as well. So the menu for the party... lumpiang shanghai (spring rolls), kare-kare (the most talked about kare-kare due to the FB post!) and spaghetti!

During my birthday I will always cook spaghetti. I just don't know why but ask my friends who came over during my past celebrations, it will always be spaghetti with fried chicken! Hahahaha... I remembered making my San Beda friends spaghetti and I would always make it "halal" or good to eat for Muslims since one of my friends is a Muslim. This time that party was not meant for a good drinking session but more of a sit down lunch that went on to merienda! hahaha... Of course gossips were talked about, stories were shared and some talk about business on the side!

I just wish on my next entertaining moment, it will be a formal one like Barefoot Contessa's dinner party. Hehehehe!!!

making lumpia!


a very supportive hubby... separating the lumpia wrappers!

sauteing the bagoong for the kare-kare!

mommy prepping the paper plates!

cake time!

the black forest is heart shape... and the mocha cake! hehehehe


thanks for the gifts guys!

Xtian munching!

able to take picture of the food before it disappeared!

cake from Auntie Lida...

it's my sister's birthday as well .. she celebrates her 18th birthday on 2.23... she said "legal na ako!"

happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me!

yummy cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment