Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Canyon Cover -- never again unless....

After having the very nice brunch at Kainan sa Dalampasigan and after asking directions, we headed off to Canyon Cove. The place looks promising expect for the unfinished constructions of the condominium buildings near the entrance. We had a blast playing with the guard as Matt talked to him in English with a southern accent... We tested if we will be able to enter the premises smoothly... and we did.. no questions asked! Hahahaha....

We parked the car and went to the lobby. The attendants did not bother to check our bags. I was actually hoping that they don't because I have some bags of chips stashed in our bag. I have read from reviews that they are strict with bringing in food in the hotel. At the counter, Butch, Gerie and Matt checked on our reservations and settled the bill. My gawd... it was soooo hot in the lobby... they are currently renovating that section of the hotel and no airconditioning. We requested if we can check in earlier but the lady at the counter informed us that the rooms are still occupied but in a matter of minutes they said that we can check in already... Hmmmm.. weird. We were happy that we can check in since I am really itching to take a shower! I have the same clothes from the night before!

We got to our rooms... no one assisted or even showed us where the freaking rooms were at. Inside the room, there is nothing exciting about it.. No umppphhh factor. The rooms from Pearl Garden Hotel are way better that the one at Canyon Cove and they charged twice the price! The floor felt dusty... even the bathroom floor was dusty... The airconditioning in the room was bad as well. Good thing, I have my trusty Coffee Bean Swirl card so we can leave it in the card slot to kept the airconditioning open even we were outside the room.

After my much needed shower, we went out to explore the hotel grounds... the pool was nice... there was a restaurant... the beach was ok but not as clear as we expected it to be. We decided to take our naps first before swimming... I was really hoping to take a swim at the beach but Christian was really tired from our night shifts so I gave in to his request to sleep. Boohoo...

We decided to meet up at 4pm to get at least 2 hours of rest... I was so excited that I have to wake up Christian... I was jumping on the bed (poor bed!).... Telling him to hurry up. Even though it was pouring outside.. I told him we have to hit the pool... I don't want to waste time! Hahahaha... We gathered in one of the cabanas and of course, Butch ordered food to eat. The set meal was expensive... 375 pesos! We tried it though thinking that it will be worth it. Then came the food... it looked like food from the local canteen! Gosh ... not worthy of 375 pesos! It was bland... the rice was hard... and the serving is really small... Not worth it! I just enjoyed my swim.



busy checking in...


the hot lobby

posing for pictures as they fix the bill hehehehe...


more picture taking...

view of the beach from the balcony

the hotel.. see the renovations going on the top floor


strolling around!






The place is going to waste with bad customer service. I have read so many bad reviews about it and I thought that they learned from it. We were joking during our whole stay that we need to present a proposal for customer service training of their staff. The location is nice and people are getting turned off by the bad bad customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment